Manual for Sustainable Return
Part II - Operational Guidelines - Institutional Rolesand Responsibilities
The fourth pillar of UNMIK, under European Union leadership, is in charge of economic
reconstruction and development.
Responsibilities of Pillar IV include:
1. Coordinate reconstruction activities andensure minority and returnee access to available reconstruction assistance and support Municipal efforts to provide equal and fair consideration of minority beneficiaries by the Municipal Housing Committee.
2. Support efforts to increase economic opportunities for minorities and returnees.
3. Ensure fair treatment of minority communities in the administration and delivery of public utilities services, the Kosovo Trust Agency, and other initiatives and services available to the majority communities.
4. Support inter-ethnic employment opportunities in the private sector and support IDP/Refugee access.
5. Participate in the Regional Working Groups and other coordination meetings as appropriate.