Manual for Sustainable Return
Part II - Operational Guidelines - Institutional Rolesand Responsibilities
KFOR is a principal member of all returns coordination structures, including the Municipal and Regional Working Groups, Returns Coordination Group and the Task Force on Returns.
Responsibilities of KFOR include:
1. Provide security assessments of potential return locations.
2. Provide security escorts and site-specific static security for GSVs where considered appropriate by the MWG.
3. Participate in GSVs, including briefing IDP participants on security issues.
4. Participate in RWGs and MWGs.
5. Ensure the safe and secure environment in and around returns locations with UNMIK Police and KPS.
6. Report ethnically motivated security incidents and investigate those incidents with UNMIK Police and KPS.
7. Provide additional technical and planning support as determined appropriate.